This article covers the process we use to put together M&A transactions for SMEs in the ICT industry in Australia. It’s primarily focused on vendors, who comprise the majority of deal initiators, but there’s a lot of useful information for prospective buyers, too.
Download it here, or from the image link.
Here’s what’s covered:
- Different Triggers, One Process – Many motivations drive our clients, but deal processes are fairly consistent.
- Key Factors Driving the Process – A few key points drive the process – distilled learning from years of specialised effort in this market.
- Process Stages & How They Work – 5 key stages of putting a deal together
- Phase I: Preparation
- Phase II: Go To Market
- Phase III: Negotiation & Execution
- Phase IV: Completion & Settlement
- Phase V: Integration & Growth (Realising Earn-Outs)
- Tricks, Traps, and 3rd Party Assistance – You can’t both run and sell the business – you need expert external help.
- How Long Does It Take, And How Much Does It Cost? – The real nitty-gritty